MS in Nutrition
The MS in Nutrition serves to carry out much-needed studies on the determinants, incidence, prevention, and intervention of obesity and its related chronic diseases as well as food security, safety and quality in Lebanon and the region. Moreover, the MS in Nutrition program provides you with opportunities for interdisciplinary research in the context of existing collaborative projects with the Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy as well as an established Inter-professional education (IPE) platform.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s in Nutrition or a related field from a recognized university, with an overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- At the discretion of the School Graduate Admission Council, applicants who are short of meeting the 2.75 GPA might be considered for “probationary” admission provided they have “significant relevant work experience”. Students admitted on probation will earn regular status upon the completion of 12 graduate credits with at least 3.0 average and no more than one “C” grade.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree in a field other than Nutrition may be given additional courses based on the evaluation of their degree by the admissions committee. Students who hold a Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or Health-related degree (e.g. Pharmacy, Nursing…) may apply.
*This program is pending the formalities of registration with the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
You must complete a total number of 30 credits. These are broken down to 12 credits of required courses, 12 credits of elective courses and 6 credits for the MS Thesis.
I. Core Courses (12 credits)
|NUT 602||Research Methods for Nutrition and Food Science||2|
|NUT 651||Advanced Nutrient Metabolism I||3|
|NUT 652||Advanced Nutrient Metabolism II||3|
|NUT 691||Graduate Seminar||
II. Elective Courses (12 credits)
|NUT 622||Drug & Nutrient Interactions||3|
|NUT 623||Advanced Therapeutic Nutrition||3|
|NUT 631||Inter. Nutr./Nutr. in Emerg.||3|
|NUT 641||Sports Nutrition||3|
|NUT 620||Advanced Nutrition Assessment||3|
|NUT 661||Nutritional Epidemiology||3|
|NUT 681||Sp.Tp.Nutrition & Food Science||3|
|NUT 612||Advanced Quality Systems||3|
|NUT 613||Food Product Development||3|
|NUT 614||Food Packaging||3|
III. Thesis (6 credits)
|NUT 699||MS in Nutrition Thesis||6|
This program requires 30 credits and it can be completed in two years. See the suggested two-year study plan.
This program is offered in Beirut and Byblos.
More about this program
- Mission, objectives and learning outcomes
- Application for Graduate Assistantship (Apply by July 15, 2020)
- Coordinator of the Graduate Nutrition Program Dr. Lama Mattar email@example.com