Dr. Costantine Daher was appointed interim dean of the School of Nursing at LAU, in September 2019. Before that, he was interim dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. He joined LAU as an instructor in 1991. After completing his PhD in 1998, he was promoted to the rank of assistant professor, then to the rank of associate professor in 2005 and to the rank of a professor in 2016. He served as chairperson of the Department of Natural Sciences between 2005 and 2014. He also served as one of the assistant deans in the School of Arts & Sciences.
Dr. Daher has published more than 44 peer-reviewed articles in various international journals. His recent research interest is mainly focused on drug discovery in cancer research whereby various natural products and chemically synthesized platinum and Ruthenium complexes are investigated.
Dr. Daher has served and chaired several university councils including the Institutional Review Board (IRB), worked on biology curricula review (BS and MS) and updating lab facilities. He has supervised several M.S. and PhD students, organized poster conferences, and actively participated in the LAU accreditation process. Dr. Daher has many sports hobbies such as swimming, tennis, volleyball and football.
- Hassan H. Hammud, Ulrich Kortz, Saurav Bhattacharya, Sally Demirdjian, Essa Hariri, Samih Isber, Eun Sang Choi, Babak Mirtamizdoust, Mohamad Mroueh, Costantine F. Daher (2020). Structure, DFT studies, Magnetism and Biological activity of Bis[(μ2-azido)-chloro-(1,10-phenanthroline)-copper(II)] complex. Inorganica Chimica Acta Volume 506, 1 June 2020, 119533.
- Shebaby W, Elias A, Mroueh M, Nehme B, El Jalbout ND, Iskandar R, Daher JC, Zgheib M, Ibrahim P, Dwairi V, Saad JM, Taleb RI, Daher CF (2020). Himachalol induces apoptosis in B16-F10 murine melanoma cells and protects against skin carcinogenesis. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Jan 6:112545. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2020.112545. [Epub ahead of print]
- Andree Elias, Wassim N. Shebaby, Bilal Nehme, Wissam Faour, Bassem Bassil, Joelle Hakim, Rita Iskandar, Nahia Dib-Jalbout, Mohamad Mroueh, Costantine F. Daher, Robin I Taleb (2019). In vitro and in vivo evaluation of the anticancer and anti-inflammatory activities of 2-himachalen-7-ol isolated from Cedrus libani. Scientific Reports Sci Rep. 9(1):12855. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-49374-9.
- Stephanie Mehanna, Najwa Mansour, Hassib Audi, Kikki Bodman-Smith, Mohamad A. Mroueh, Robin I. Taleb, Costantine F. Daher, and Rony S. Khnayzer (2019). Enhanced cellular uptake and photochemotherapeutic potential of a lipophilic strained Ru(II) polypyridyl complex”. RSC Advances 9(30):17254-17265.
- Hamid E. Daaboul, Carole Dagher, Robin I. Taleb, Kikki Bodman-Smith, Wassim N. Shebaby, Mirvat El-Sibai, Mohamad A. Mroueh, Costantine F. Daher (2019). β-2-himachalen-6-ol inhibits 4T1 cells-induced metastatic triple negative breast carcinoma in murine model. Chemico-Biological Interactions, 309:108703. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.06.016.
- Mansour, N.; Mehanna, S.; Taleb, R. I.; Mroueh, M.; Bodman‐Smith, K.; El-Sibai, M.; Daher, C. F.; Khnayzer, R. S. (2018). Photoactivatable Ru(II) complex bearing 2,9-diphenyl-1,10- phenanthroline: unusual photochemistry and significant potency on cisplatin-resistant cell lines. European Journal Inorganic Chemistry, 22, 2524-2532.
- Hamid E. Daaboul, Carole Dagher, Robin I. Taleb, Kikki Bodman-Smith, Wassim N. Shebaby, Mirvat El-Sibai, Mohamad A. Mroueh, Costantine F. Daher (2018). The chemotherapeutic effect of β-2-himachalen-6-ol in chemically induced skin tumorigenesis. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 103:443-452.
- Hamid Daaboul, Costantine F. Daher, Kikki Bodman-smith, Robin Taleb, Wassim Shebaby, Carole Dagher, Joelle Boulos, Mohamad Mroueh (2017). Antitumor activity of β-2-himachalen-6-ol in colon cancer is mediated through its inhibition of the PI3K and MAPK pathways. Chemico-Biological Interactions, 275: 162-170.
- Wassim N Shebaby, Mohamad A Mroueh, Petra Boukamp, Robin I Taleb RI, Kikki Bodman-Smith, Mirvat El-Sibai and Costantine F Daher (2017). Wild carrot pentane-based fractions suppress proliferation of human HaCaT keratinocytes and protect against chemically-induced skin cancer. Under review in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 17(1):149. doi: 10.1186/s12906-017-166. (Q1)
- Robin I. Taleb, Paul Nejm, Joelle Boulos, Wassim Shebaby, Sally Demerdjian, Essa Harriri, Mirvat El-Sibai, Costantine Daher, Mohamad Mroueh (2016). β-2-Himachalen-6-ol: A Novel Anticancer Sesquiterepene Unique to the Lebanese Wild Carrot. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 190: 59-67. (Q1)
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences, 1998, University of Surrey, England
- MS in Physiology, 1988, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- BS in Biology, 1986, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Professor of Biology
Interim Dean, School of Nursing
Office: Chagoury Health Sciences Center Room 5201