The School of Arts and Sciences’ ultimate mission is to educate students, advance scholarly inquiry and contribute positively to the advancement of the common good. We fulfill this mission by:
- Delivering an educational offer that is relevant, innovative and responsive to the exigencies of the professional and social environments in which we live;
- Preparing each student to participate constructively in the challenges of the future;
- Nurturing the academic potential and emotional intelligence of our students;
- Promoting ethical and socially responsible scientific research;
- Championing creative and artistic endeavor;
- Establishing local and global partnerships with private and public enterprises;
- Contributing to the sustainability of our economies, industries and communities through stewardship initiatives that involve faculty, staff and students.
This mission statement translates into a unique Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum and a suite of competitive and academically robust discipline programs. A shared goal for all our programs is to deliver education that is student-centered, locally-relevant with a global outlook, and of accredited international standards.