Mission, Objectives & Intended Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives:
At the completion of the Minor in Social Work & Community Development, graduates should be able to:
- PEO 1. Practice social work by serving communities as guided by professional ethics;
- PEO 2. Integrate scholarship into practice through an evidence-based process;
- PEO 3. Embrace the principles of lifelong learning, social justice, and human diversity.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- PLO 1. Explain how social work in a variety of areas is practiced with various population groups, with special emphasis on community development skills within a life-long learning framework (e.g.capacity building, need assessment, conflict resolution and resource mobilization as well as other intervention modalities);
- PLO 2. Describe how the person-environment perspective is used to work with communities of various backgrounds;
- PLO 3. Recognize how the necessary values and ethical principles of the profession of social work are applied (e.g.social justice, human dignity & equality).
- PLO 4. Apply intervention modalities such as capacity building, need assessment, conflict resolution and resource mobilization.