Mission, objectives, and learning outcomes
The minor in Conflict Analysis and Resolution provides individuals with a thorough understanding of conflict, its sources and dynamics. It also provides students with an understanding of the approaches and tools available to transform and resolve different types of conflicts.
The general objectives of the minor are to:
- Provide a clear understanding of the nature and dynamics of conflicts and the dominant theories in this field.
- Analyze different approaches and tools used to understand and address interpersonal, workplace, community and international conflicts.
Upon completion of the minor, students will be able to:
- Define conflict and its main sources and dynamics in different contexts.
- Demonstrate awareness with regards to the role of leadership, culture, and world views in conflict.
- Apply different conflict analysis techniques to map and analyze conflicts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of major conflict resolution techniques and tools used in different contexts.