Mission, objectives and learning outcomes
The Bachelor of Arts program in Political Science prepares students in comparative politics, international relations, and political theory, as well as the methodology of political analysis.
The program prepares students for graduate studies and/or a variety of entry-level careers.
Program Educational objectives
Graduates in the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science should be able to:
- Attain knowledge of facts, theories, and concepts in political science at the national, regional and international levels;
- Integrate the cultural, social, legal, and ethical issues inherent in the description and analysis of politics; and
- Conduct research and apply team work and interpersonal skills effectively.
Student Learning outcomes
Upon the completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts and theories pertaining to political science;
- Analyze the interrelationship among the historical, political, economic, cultural, and geographic dimensions in political science;
- Apply research methods, description, analysis, interpretation and explanation of aspects of political science in written and oral forms;
- Address problems related to political science in a cooperative manner;
- Demonstrate ability to analyze complex ethical issues; and
- Demonstrate collaborative and ethical professional practice.