Mission, objectives and learning outcomes
The graduate program in Molecular Biology aspires to endow graduates with the spirit of scientific exploration and the necessary research skills and ethical standards to attain successful careers.
Program educational objectives
The objectives of the M.S. in Molecular Biology Program are to:
- prepare graduates to remain abreast of the most recent advances in molecular biology.
- prepare graduates for further graduate studies and for careers in related fields.
Student learning outcomes
Students in the M.S. in Molecular Biology will be able to:
- Integrate advanced concepts in molecular biology and related fields
- Develop analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Evaluate recent advances in molecular biology and their impact on society
- Conduct research in molecular biology and related fields as individual and part of a research team
- Demonstrate effective verbal and oral scientific communication
- Assess ethical issues in biological research