Mission, objectives and learning outcomes
Lebanese American University is committed to academic excellence, student centeredness, civic engagement, the advancement of scholarship, the education of the whole person, and the formation of leaders in a diverse world.
In keeping with the mission of LAU, the School of Arts & Sciences strives to promote excellence in teaching and learning, and to encourage research and other creative endeavors. The School encourages the fostering of diverse viewpoints, and honesty and integrity in academic, professional, and personal affairs of both the faculty and students.
Program Mission Statement
The graduate program in Biomedical Sciences aspires to endow graduates with the spirit of scientific exploration and the necessary research skills and ethical standards to attain successful careers.The graduate program in Molecular Biology aspires to endow graduates with the spirit of scientific exploration and the necessary research skills and ethical standards to attain successful careers.
Program Educational Objectives
- Prepare graduates to remain abreast of the most recent advances in biomedical sciences.
- Prepare graduates for further graduate studies and for careers in the biomedical sciences and in related fields.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Integrate advanced concepts in biomedical sciences and related fields
- Develop analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Evaluate recent advances in biomedical sciences and their impact on society
- Conduct research in biomedical sciences and related fields as individual and part of a research team
- Demonstrate effective verbal and oral scientific communication
- Assess ethical issues in biological research