Mission, Objectives and Intended Outcomes
- Produce competent graduates who demonstrate a general knowledge in business, franchise, food science, food safety and quality assurance systems;
- Produce graduates who are able to incorporate evidence-based knowledge to formulate possible solutions to emerging food problems;
- Produce competent graduates with inter-professional competencies engaged in the improvement of human well-being by providing safe and wholesome food products.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Recognize the knowledge underlying business, when it comes to food service industry;
- Discuss the interrelationships between food, business, nutrition and disease prevention;
- Identify reliable food, business and nutrition information;
- Implement the acquired knowledge and skills to establish food establishments and to develop food safety systems;
- Integrate scientific principles in the prevention of food spoilage and poisoning.