Minor in Biology
Knowledge of biology is highly attractive as an adjunct to many other majors and professional fields.
The biology minor introduces students to core concepts in biological areas. It complements the requirements of premedical students, and provides a solid grounding for those interested in other health sciences and those who wish to pursue careers in the chemical and biochemical industries.
With this comprehensive preparation, students can become more competitive in the job market.
The mission of the biology minor is to offer a general but coherent program, providing students with basic knowledge in different fields of biology.
The purpose of the minor in biology:
- To provide students with basic general information in biology through lecture and laboratory courses
- To prepare students interested in pursuing further education in health-related fields such as medicine, medicinal chemistry, nutrition, public health and medical laboratory
- To offer students with wider scope of job opportunities
Student learning outcomes
Students with a Minor in Biology will:
- Show acquisition of basic knowledge of biological sciences
- Demonstrate adequate experience in lab and basic research techniques
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities in biological science
- Acquire adequate preparation for careers in biological sciences or entrance into professional studies.
Students interested in Minor in Biology must complete the following requirements.
Biology requirement (19 credits)
|BIO201||General Biology I||4|
|BIO202||General Biology II||4|
|BIO345||Cell and Molecular Biology||4|
|BCH301||Introduction to Biochemistry||4|
This program requires 19 credits. The duration will vary depending on how many of the minor courses can be counted as part of your major courses. Make sure to consult with your advisor.
This minor is offered in Beirut and Byblos.