Mission, Objectives and Learning Outcomes
The mission of the BS in Applied Physics is to offer an excellent education in physical sciences that can be applied in various technical fields. The program carries out its mission within the context of the liberal arts education, and is committed to preparing students for careers in teaching, research and industry.
Graduates will be able to:
- Contribute to technological advances in Lebanon and the region.
- Pursue a variety of careers, including teaching, industry jobs, scientific research, etc…
- Use strong quantitative reasoning, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills that are valuable for a wide range of career choices.
- Respond to scientific challenges, and be a life-long learner.
Upon the completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a profound knowledge underlying experimental and theoretical physics.
- Acquire the skills needed to study various physical applications.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and correlate results with theoretical models.
- Demonstrate written, oral, and visual presentation skills to communicate scientific knowledge.
- Apply the scientific method to perform research.
- Work in teams, and on multidisciplinary topics.