Samir Y. Obeid joined LAU in 1981 as a full-time instructor and laboratory supervisor. He was promoted to senior instructor in 2012.
He served since September 1997 till January 2016 as director of Financial Aid and Scholarships at LAU (Beirut campus) contributing in developing an automated Financial Aid System, including a Need Evaluation Module and an Electronic Time Sheet.
- Moghrabi, I. A. R. & Obeid, S. Y. (2000). A general model for minimum curvature quasi-Newton methods. International Journal of Math Algorithms 1(4), 267 - 282.
- Obeid, S. Y. & Moghrabi, I. A. R. (1999). Curvature-based multistep quasi-Newton method for unconstrained optimization. Sib. Zh. Vychils.Mat 2(3), 281 - 293.
- Obeid, S. Y. & Moghrabi, I. A. R. (1999). A new family of multi-step quasi-Newton algorithms for unconstrained optimization. International Journal of Math Algorithms 1(1), 67 - 74.
- Obeid, S. Y. & Moghrabi, I. A. R. (1998). A new minimum curvator multi-step method for unconstrained optimization. In D. Bainov (Ed.) Proceedings of the 8th international colloquium on differential equations, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, August 18-23, 1997. (pp. 319 - 326). Utrecht: VSP
- Moghrabi, I. A. R. & Obeid, S. Y. (1998). A new family of multi-step quasi-Newton algorithms for unconstrained optimization. In E.A. Lipitakis (Ed.) Proceedings of the 4th Hellenic-European conference on Computer mathematics and its application. Athens, Greece September 24 - 26 (pp. 645 - 653). Athens: LEA, Athens University of Economics and business, Department of Informatics.
- MS in Computer Sciences, Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- BS in Physics, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Senior Instructor of Physics
Office: Nicol Hall 308 F