Dr. Nadine Zeeni joined LAU as a full-time associate professor of nutrition in 2009. She has strong research interests in the areas of obesity, satiety/hunger regulation, eating disorders as well as the relationship between dietary intake and stress parameters. She was part of the NuSISCO (Nutrient Sensing in Satiety control and Obesity) project funded by the European Union and aimed at better understanding the growing obesity problem in Europe.
- Doumit R., Zeeni N, Sanchez Ruiz M, Khazen G. Anxiety as a Moderator of the Relationship between Body Image and Restrained Eating. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, 2015, In Press.
- Doumit R, Khazen G, Katsounari I, Zeeni N. Risk for eating disorders in a multi-confessional population. Community Mental Health Journal, 2015, In Press.
- Mattar L, Zeeni N, Bassil M. Effect of movie violence on mood, stress, appetite perception and food preferences in a random population. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2014, doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2014.262 (Short paper)
- Zeeni N, Bassil M, Darcel N, Chaumontet C, Fromentin G, Tome D, Daher CF. Environmental enrichment and cafeteria diet synergistically modify the response to chronic variable stress in rats. Physiology and Behavior, 2015;139:41-9.
- Zeeni N, Saab L, Daher CF, Mroueh M. Tragopogon Porrifolius improves serum lipid profile and increases short-term satiety in rats. Appetite. 2014; 72:1-7.
- Zeeni N, Gharibeh N, Katsounari I. The influence of socio-cultural factors on the eating attitudes of Lebanese and Cypriot students: a cross-cultural study. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 2013;26 Suppl 1:45-52
- Zeeni N, Daher C, Darcel N, Chaumontet , Fromentin G, Tome D. A cafeteria diet modifies the response to chronic mild stress in rats. Stress,2013;16(2):211-9.
- Katsounari I, Zeeni N. Preocccupation with weight and eating patterns of Lebanese and Cypriot students. Psychology, 2012, 3(6).
- Zeeni N, Nadkarni NA, Bell JD, Sinkus R, Fromentin G, Tome D, Darcel N. Effect of dietary composition on the neuronal activation following peripheral injection of cholecystokinin in mice detected by manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging. NeuroImage, 2010, 50(4):1560-5.
- Zeeni N, Moyse E, Darcel N, Fromentin G, Tome D. Influence of a high fat diet on brain-derived Neurotrophic factor (BDNF). Brain Research, 2009, 1289:49-55.
- Zeeni N, Selmaoui B, Beauchamp D, Labrecque G, Thibault L. Effects of the dietary protein level on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats and on the circadian rhythms of food ingestion. Physiology and Behavior 2007; 90(5):760-70.
- Ph.D., AgroParisTech University, France
- Master’s in Human Nutrition, McGill University, Canada
- B.S. in Nutrition, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Associate Professor of Nutrition
Coordinator of the Nutrition Program
Office: Orme Gray 318 (Beirut), Block A, Room 818 (Byblos)