Dr. Elaridi received her BSc (Chemistry) at the American University of Beirut and completed her Honors Degree in organic chemistry at Monash University (Australia) with High Distinction. Her PhD research investigated the application of homogeneous catalysis for the synthesis of peptidomimetics. This research led to the publication of a number of manuscripts in high impact peer-reviewed journals, the filing of three patents, oral and poster presentations at international conferences and lucrative collaboration with international commercial companies. She is also a member of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute. Dr. Elaridi possesses practical experience with NMR, IR, GC, LC, MS and LCMS as key analytical tools for the characterization of compounds. Her current research focuses on preparing synthetic derivatives of the naturally occurring anti-cancer compound thymoquinone using novel metal-catalyzed routes.
- Elaridi, J.; Fakhro, M.; Yamani, O.; Othman, H.; Attieh, Z. Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Bottled Commercially Available Olive Oil in Lebanon using GC-MS. Toxicological Research 2019, in press.
- Elaridi, J.; Yamani, O.; Al Matari, A.; Dakroub, S.; Attieh, Z. Determination of Ochratoxin A (OTA), Ochratoxin B (OTB), T-2, and HT-2 Toxins in Wheat Grains, Wheat Flour, and Bread in Lebanon by LC-MS/MS. Toxins 2019, 11, 471.
- Hassan, H.; Dimassi, H.; Elaridi, J. Analysis of aflatoxin M1 and ochratoxin in commercial infant formulas sold in Lebanon Food Control 2019, 106, 106680.
- Digambara, P.; Al Homsy, N.; Jaafar, S.; Neouchy, Z.; Elaridi, J.; Koubeissi, A.; Bouhadir, K. H. Preference of adenine-adenine over thymine-thymine intermolecular hydrogen-bonding in adenine- and thymine-functionalized naphthalenediimides. Journal of Fluorescence 2019, 29, 307-318.
- Javad, M. T.; Vahidinia, A.; Samiee, F.; Elaridi, J.; Faradmal, J.; Rahmani, A.; Leili, M. Analysis of aluminum, minerals and trace elements in the human milk of lactating mothers in Hamadan, Iran Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology 2018, 50, 8-15.
- Elaridi, J. Ezzeddine, A.; Abramian, L.; Koubeissi, A.; Bouhadir, K.H. Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Pyrimidine-based BiopolymersDesigned Monomers and Polymers 2018, 21, 64-74.
- Bassil, M.; Daou, F.; Hassan, H.; Yamani. O.; Abi Kharma, J.; Attieh, Z.; Elaridi, J. Lead, cadmium and arsenic in human milk and their socio-demographic and lifestyle determinants in Lebanon Chemosphere 2018, 191, 911-921.
- Bouhadir, K. H.; Atallah, H. M.; Mezher, R.; Fatfat, M.; Gali-Muhtasib, H.; Elaridi, J. Synthesis and biological assessment of novel acylhydrazone derivatives of 2-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone Organic Communications 2017, 10(4), 259-272.
- Elaridi, J.; Bassil, M.; Abi Kharma, J.; Daou, F.; Hassan, H. Analysis of Aflatoxin M1 in Breast Milk and Its Association with Nutritional and Socio-economic Status of Lactating Mothers in Lebanon. Journal of Food Protection 2017, 80(10), 1737-1741.
- Elaridi, J.; Bou Karroum, N.; Bou Hadir, K; Gali-Muhtasib, H.; Fatfat, M. Synthesis and characterization of novel acylhydrazide derivatives of 2,3-dichloronaphthoquinone Organic Communications 2017, 10(2), 122-129.
- Hassan, H.; Elaridi, J., Bassil, M. Evaluation of gluten in gluten-free-labeled foods and assessment of exposure level to gluten among celiac patients in Lebanon. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition 2017, 68(7), 881-886.
- BSc in Chemistry, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Honors Degree in Organic Chemistry, Monash University, Australia, with High Distinction.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Office: Nicol Hall 528