Teacher Training Institute
The mission of the Teacher Training Institute at the Lebanese American University is to meet the curricular and reform needs of schools throughout the country and serve as:
- A center for continuing professional development for educators in Lebanon and the region, and
- A link in a network between LAU and educational institutions in Lebanon and the region.
The vision of the Teacher Training Institute is to become the leader in the nation in teacher training and development. This can be actualized through:
- Becoming a resource center for educators who need support for improving their practice,
- Providing an electronic database including all the workshops and seminars that were offered during the previous years,
- Serving as a consultation center for educators who are interested in action research in their classrooms and institutions, and
- Providing expert help in increasing social justice and student engagement in schools.
- Providing in-service training workshops for teachers in recent methods and strategies in their fields,
- Enhancing the awareness of current and future teachers of affective aspects of teaching,
- Providing opportunities for speakers to address teachers from various areas of Lebanon on reform issues and trends.