Pierre Adib Sarkis is a senior instructor of cultural studies and history in the Department of Humanities. Prior to joining LAU in 1994, Sarkis was director of Business Development with CorpServ International, an international finance corporation operating out of Washington, DC.
Sarkis taught English as a second language to students of Arab origins in San Diego, California, and Washington, DC. He also contributed articles to the Washington Post, as well as, articles on contemporary issues to newspapers and magazines such as The Daily Star and An Nahar in Lebanon. He has also appeared on several television and radio shows in Lebanon such as FM 103.6, Sawt Loubnan and NBN television to discuss issues of Russian policies in the Middle East.
His research interests focus on Tzarist Russia since the dawn of the Romanov Dynasty spanning a period of over 300 years. He is also currently working on a book on the history of television in the city of San Diego, California.
- How To Do Business in Eastern Europe, Poland, Hungary and Czechoslovakia, co-authored with CorpServ International and prepared for the Keenan Institute for Business Studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA, 1991.
- How To Do Business in Canada, co-authored with CorpServ International and prepared for TRW Inc. for their newly set operations at Ottawa, Canada, 1991.
- Select perceptions on India: A survey of college students, April 1982, San Diego, CA, College Binding Press.
- A public Guide to City and Government Records, co-authored as a graduate project, April 1982, San Diego, CA, USD Press.
- All requirements completed towards the PhD Program in Russian Area Studies (ABD) at Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA, 1988
- MA in History from the University of San Diego, CA, USA, 1982
- MA in International Affairs from the University of San Diego, CA, USA, 1980
- BA in International Relations from the University of San Diego, CA, USA, 1979
Senior Instructor of Cultural Studies and History
Office: Block A Dorms, 7213