Mission, objectives and learning outcomes
The B.A. in English at the Lebanese American University aims at providing students with communicative competence in English and at enhancing their qualification potential for a wide range of career opportunities.
The B.A. in English Program shall:
- Prepare graduates for field-related careers in Lebanon and abroad;
- Prepare graduates for follow-up graduate programs in English Studies, Comparative Literature and other interdisciplinary fields.
Students of this program will be able to:
- Students shall be able to analyze texts from multiple points of view in the context of history, society, culture and politics.
- Students shall be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret, explain, and appraise the allusive qualities of texts
- Students shall be able to evaluate the principal theoretical assumptions in literature and culture.
- Students shall be able to demonstrate knowledge of thematic content and the formal features of discourse.
- Students shall be able to interpret a variety of texts from a systematic linguistic perspective.
- Students shall be able to demonstrate ability to write for various print, artistic and media genres.
- Students shall be able to produce individual scholarly research projects of significant length.