News & Events
LAU English Graduate Accepted at Queen Mary, University of London
Tala Smiley, a Spring 2016 LAU graduate with a Finance degree and an English Literature degree, has been recently accepted at Queen Mary, University of London. She states that “LAU has helped shape the way I perceive and understand the world around me. The Literature courses especially have taught me to look at a situation from several angles, and to assess it accordingly. More importantly, LAU paved the way for my acceptance at Queen Mary, University of London, where I am currently pursuing a Masters in Poetry.”
In the past month, Smiley interned at Penned in the Margins, a small publishing and production company in London, as part of her Poetry at Work course. “The internship has helped me better understand the publishing sector. Whereas, the production aspect has helped inspire me to start something similar here in Lebanon. The first project might be to combine various artists (painters, dancers, poets,…) together to create one unique experience for the audience. It will take place this summer,” she concludes.
- Fourth Annual Creative Writing Competition
- Mrs. Paula Habre Co-presented in “Cultivating Research Capacity through International Exchanges” Workshop
- Fulbright Fellowship Awarded to Two Writing Center Tutors
- LAU Successfully Hosts the National Public Speaking Competition
- LAU’s Public Speaking Competition: 2 Winners Advance to the National Level
- No upcoming events at the moment.