Dr. Rima Bahous holds an Ed.D in Education with an emphasis in Applied Linguistics and TESOL from the University of Leicester, UK. She is research active, and her main research interests are in the field of teaching, learning, and assessment. Dr. Bahous has been involved in teacher training and has facilitated many workshops in Lebanon and the Middle East.
She likes to travel and get to know new cultures.
- Bradley, L., Bahous, R., & Albasha, A. (2019). Mobile literacy among Syrian refugee women teachers in F. Meaner, J. Van de Vyver, L. Bradley, & S. Thouesny (Eds.) CALL and complexity – short papers from EUROCCALL 2019 (pp 1- 6). Research-Publishings.et. https://doi.org/10.14705/rpnet.2019.38.986
- Saouma, D., Bahous, R., Natout, M. & Nabhani, M. (2018). Figures of speech in the physics classroom: A process of conceptual change. Research in Science and Technological Education 36(3), 375 – 390. https://doi.org/10.1080/02635143.2018.1438388
- Daouk, Z., Bahous, R., & Bacha, N. (2016). Perceptions on the effectiveness of active learning strategies. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education 8(3), 360 – 375. DOI 10.1108/JARHE-05-2015-0037
- Bahous, R., Busher, H., & Nabhani, M. (2016). Teachers’ views of professional learning and collaboration in four urban Lebanese primary schools. Teacher Development 20(2), 197 – 212. DOI:10.1080/13664530.2015.1124137
- Bahous, R. & Nabhani, M. (2015). Faculty views on developing and assessing learning outcomes. Journal of General Education 64(4), 294 – 309.
- Bahous, R., Nabhani, M. & Bacha, N. (2014). Code switching in higher education in a multilingual environment: A Lebanese exploratory study. Language Awareness, 23(4), 353 – 368. DOI: 10.1080/09658416.2013.828735
- Fidaoui, D. & Bahous, R. (2013). Men’s talk in a Lebanese shisha café. Journal of Multicultural Discourse, 8(1), 48 – 64. DOI: 10.1080/17447143.2012.762003
- Bahous, R., Bacha, N., & Nabhani, M. (2011). Multilingual educational trends and practices in Lebanon: A case study. International Review of Education, 57(5/6), 737 – 749.
- Bahous, R. & Nabhani, M. (2011). Assessing education program learning outcomes. Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability, 23(1), 21 – 39.
- Fidaoui, D., Bahous, R., & Bacha, N.N, (2010). CALL in Lebanese elementary ESL writing classrooms. Computer Assisted Language Learning, 23 (2). 151 – 168.
- Mougharbel, Gh. & Bahous, R. (2010). Gender bias in Lebanese English classes. Educational Forum, 74(3), 198 – 212.
- Bahous, R. & Khalaf, R. (2008). Discourse and multicultural activity in postwar Lebanon. Journal of Multicultural Discourse, 3(2), 114 – 134.
- Bahous, R. (2008). The self-assessed portfolio: a case study. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 33(4), 381 – 394.
- Ed.D in Education with an emphasis in Applied Linguistics and TESOL from the University of Leicester, UK
Associate Professor of Education
Chair, Department of Education
Office: Shannon 4009