Dr. Rima Bahous is an associate professor of education with an emphasis in applied linguistics and TESOL. She is also chairperson of the Department of Education, and the director of LAU’s Teacher Training Institute.
- Daouk, Z., Bahous, R., & Bacha, N. (2016). Perceptions on the effectiveness of active learning strategies. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education 8(3), 360 – 375. DOI 10.1108/JARHE-05-2015-0037
- El Helou, M., Nabhani, M, and Bahous, R. (2016). Teachers’ views on causes leading to their burnout. School Leadership & Management , 36 (5) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13632434.2016.1247051
- Bahous, R., Busher, H., & Nabhani, M (2016). Teachers’ views of professional learning and collaboration in four urban Lebanese primary schools. Teacher Development
- Nabhani, M., Bahous, R., & Sabra, H. (April 2015). Teachers and supervisors’ views on clinical supervision: A case study from Lebanon, 79(2)
- Bahous, R., Nabhani, M. & Bacha, N. (2014). Code switching in higher education in a multilingual environment: A Lebanese exploratory study. Language Awareness 23(4), 353 – 368. DOI: 10.1080/09658416.2013.828735
- Nabhani, M., Nicolas, M., & Bahous, R. (2014). Principals’ views on teachers’ professional development. Professional Development in Education, 40(2), 228 – 242.
- Bahous, R., Nabhani, M. & Rabo, A. (2013). Parochial education in a global world? Teaching history and civics in Lebanon. Nordidactica - Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Education 1, 57 - 79.
- Fidaoui, D. & Bahous, R. (2013). Men’s talk in a Lebanese shisha café. Journal of Multicultural Discourse 8(1), 48 - 64.
- Bacha, N. & Bahous, R. (2013). Cultures of learning in academia: A Lebanese case study. In M. Cortazzi & L. Jin (Eds.) Researching cultures of learning (pp. 116 - 135). Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK: Palgrave, Macmillan.
- Nabhani, M., Busher, H., & Bahous, R. (2012). Cultures of engagement in challenging circumstances: Four Lebanese Primary Schools in urban Beirut, School Leadership and Management, 32(1), 37 - 55.
- Bahous, R., Bacha, N., & Nabhani, M. (2011). Multilingual educational trends and practices in Lebanon: A case study. International Review of Education 57(5/6), 737 - 749.
- Ghandour, H., Bahous, R., & Bacha, N. (2011). Discourse on ageing in the autumn of life: language, identity, society and learning in a Lebanese nursing home. International Journal of Education and Ageing, 1(3), 267 - 284.
- Bacha, N., Bahous, R., & Nabhani, M. (2011). High schoolers’ views on academic integrity. Research Papers in Education, 1 - 17.
- Bahous, R. & Nabhani, M. (2011). Assessing education program learning outcomes. Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability, 23(1), 21 - 39.
- Bahous, R., Nabhani, M. & Cochran, J. (2011). Lebanon: Democracy based in religion. In J. Cochran (Ed.) Democracy in the Middle East: The impact of religion and education (pp. 135 - 154). Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books.
- Nabhani, M. & Bahous, R. (2010). Lebanese teachers’ views on continuing professional development. Teacher Development 14(2), 207 - 224
- Fidaoui, D., Bahous, R., & Bacha, N.N. (2010). CALL in Lebanese elementary ESL writing classrooms. Computer Assisted Language Learning 23 (2). 151 - 168.
- Bahous, R. & Khalaf, R. (2008). Discourse and multicultural activity in postwar Lebanon. Journal of Multicultural Discourse 3(2), 114 - 134.
- Bahous, R. & Nabhani, M. (2008). Improving schools for social justice in Lebanon. Improving Schools 11(2), pp. 129-143.
Chair, Department of Education
Office: Shannon 4009