Diane Issa Nauffal
Dr. Diane I. Nauffal is an assistant professor in the Department of Education in the Lebanese American University (LAU). In 2008, she established the Department of Institutional Research and Assessment (DIRA) at LAU. In her role as Assistant to the President for Institutional Research and Assessment she provides decision-support research and analysis to facilitate the University’s planning and policy-formulation processes and associated institutional and program accreditation, benchmarking, and institutional effectiveness activities.
Dr. Nauffal is president of the Middle East and North Africa Association for Institutional Research (MENA-AIR), an affiliate group of the Association for Institutional Researchers (AIR) in the USA. She serves on the National Taskforce for University Governance within the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
Her areas of professional interest are strategic planning, education leadership and governance with an emphasis on higher education, educational policy, assessment of student learning; accreditation; institutional effectiveness.
- Nauffal, D.I. (2015), Institutional research and planning in the Middle East. In K. L. Webber and A.J. Calderon (Eds.), Institutional research and planning in higher education: Global context and themes. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Ammar, D., Nauffal, D., and Sbeity, R. (2013). The Role of Perceived Social Support in Predicting Subjective Well-Being, Journal of Happiness and Well-being, 1(2), 116-130.
- Nauffal, D. (2012). Assessment of Student Engagement: An Analysis of Trends, Tertiary Education and Management, 18(2), 1-21.
- Nauffal, D. and Nasser, R. (2012). Strategic Planning at Two Levels, Planning for Higher Education, 40(4), 32-39.
- Nasser, R., and Nauffal, D. (2012). Frequency of Repeated Courses: Its Relation to Persistence and Performance in Lebanon’s Higher Education, Higher Education Studies, 2(1), 20-26.
- Nauffal, D.I. (2009). Do Educational Outcomes in Lebanese Universities Differ Based on the Academic Model? Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, 2(1), 6-19.
- Nasser, R., Nauffal, D. and Romanowski, M. (2009). Financial Aid at Private Universities in the Middle East: Its Impact on Persistence and Student Satisfaction, the Case of Lebanon, Mediterranean Journal of Educational Studies, 14 (1), 27-44.
- Ph.D. in educational management and policy, 2005, University of Birmingham, UK.
- M.A. in mathematics education, 1985, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- B.S. in mathematics, 1981, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- T.D., 1981, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Diane Issa Nauffal