Diane Issa Nauffal
Dr. Diane I. Nauffal is an assistant professor in the Department of Education in the Lebanese American University (LAU). In 2008, she established the Department of Institutional Research and Assessment providing the various academic and administrative units with timely, accurate and consistent data in, on and about the institution to enhance institutional effectiveness by supporting decision making, planning and policy formulation.
In 2010, Dr. Nauffal completed work with a group of researchers on developing a draft law for the establishment of a national quality assurance agency in Lebanon. She is currently involved in a TEMPUS project which aims at developing the procedural and operational framework for the national agency as well as the human resource expertise needed for the sustainability of its operations.
Dr. Nauffal was elected president for the Lebanese Association for Educational Studies (LAES) for 2012-2014. She has recently been appointed to serve on the National Taskforce for University Governance.
Dr. Nauffal has several publications in the area of leadership and management in higher education and in the assessment of student engagement and learning.
- Nauffal, D.I. (2015), Institutional research and planning in the Middle East. In K. L. Webber and A.J. Calderon (Eds.), Institutional research and planning in higher education: Global context and themes. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Ammar, D., Nauffal, D., and Sbeity, R. (2013). The Role of Perceived Social Support in Predicting Subjective Well-Being, Journal of Happiness and Well-being, 1(2), 116-130.
- Nauffal, D. (2012). Assessment of Student Engagement: An Analysis of Trends, Tertiary Education and Management, 18(2), 1-21.
- Nauffal, D. and Nasser, R. (2012). Strategic Planning at Two Levels, Planning for Higher Education, 40(4), 32-39.
- Nasser, R., and Nauffal, D. (2012). Frequency of Repeated Courses: Its Relation to Persistence and Performance in Lebanon’s Higher Education, Higher Education Studies, 2(1), 20-26.
- Nauffal, D.I. (2009). Do Educational Outcomes in Lebanese Universities Differ Based on the Academic Model? Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, 2(1), 6-19.
- Nasser, R., Nauffal, D. and Romanowski, M. (2009). Financial Aid at Private Universities in the Middle East: Its Impact on Persistence and Student Satisfaction, the Case of Lebanon, Mediterranean Journal of Educational Studies, 14 (1), 27-44.
- Ph.D. in educational management and policy, 2005, University of Birmingham, UK.
- M.A. in mathematics education, 1985, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- B.S. in mathematics, 1981, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- T.D., 1981, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
Diane Issa Nauffal