Field Experience Office
The field experience office operates as the liaison between the university and the schools and organizes the process regarding all field experiences (Observation, Methods, and Practice Teaching). Therefore, under no circumstances, are the students allowed to take on the task of searching and finding their own placement or inquiring directly with any school principal or teachers regarding a placement.
The objective of this office is to establish positive and continuing communication with schools with respect to practicum experiences. The field experience office ensures that the students are making positive contributions wherever they are placed and that their experience in these particular schools becomes successful and effective.
Field Experience Process
- Orient student teachers to the placement process prior to the actual experience
- Collect students’ applications for the placement
- Arrange their practicum through the schools’ local principals or their designee’s according to students’ mentioned school preferences on the application form
- Recruit and assign cooperating teachers with the collaboration of the school coordinators
- These teachers have agreed to be the student’s main classroom experience provider in a school setting
- Provide clear and accurate placement reports to faculty, schools, and students
- Elicit feedback from University Course Instructors on further recruiting cooperating teachers
- Elicit and distribute assessment information on students
Mrs. Viviane Bekarian Yedalian
Shannon Hall, 4th floor, room 4006
Tel: 961- 1- 786456