University Course Instructors
The university course instructor, in collaboration with the cooperating teacher, acts as an evaluator of the professional and personal growth of the student teacher.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain direct communication with all persons involved in the field experience
- Advise, orient and guide student teachers concerning individual responsibilities and obligations
- Provide specific, constructive and objective feedback to the student teacher in conjunction with the cooperating teacher immediately following the supervisory visit
- Submit a course grade for the experience with input from the cooperating teacher
- Serve as resource to student teachers and document any violation of policies as well as unsatisfactory progress in classroom instruction and management