Minor in Actuarial Science
This minor is open to students from all majors.
The objective of the Minor in Actuarial Science is to provide students with the necessary knowledge to work in the general areas of actuarial science, mainly life and health insurance, pension funds, and financial security.
Graduates in the Minor in Actuarial Science will attain:
- The ability to understand basic actuarial problems.
- The ability to model basic actuarial problems using mathematical, probabilistic and statistical methods;
- The ability to solve actuarial problems by applying actuarial mathematics in life contingencies, and the ability to apply the concepts of actuarial science in solving problems related to financial security.
- Mathematics Requirements (6 credits)
- Business Requirements (6 credits)
- Actuarial Mathematics Courses (6 credits)
Mathematical requirements (6 credits)
|MTH305||Probability and Statistics||3|
Business requirements (6 credits)
Actuarial mathematics courses (6 credits)
|MTH402||Theory of Interest||31|
(1)or FIN301 - Managerial Finance (3 cr.)
This program requires 21 credits. The duration will vary depending on how many of those courses can be counted as part of your major courses. Make sure to consult with your advisor.
This minor is offered in Beirut and Byblos.