Rony Touma is an associate professor of Applied Mathematics. He is also the associate chair of the department of Computer Science and Mathematics in Beirut. He has been teaching at LAU since 2005. His research interests include the development of central finite volume methods on Cartesian or unstructured grids for the approximate solution of systems of hyperbolic systems of conservation and balance laws in multi space dimensions. He is working on applications in astrophysics aerodynamics, and fluid dynamics.
- D. Zeidan and R. Touma, On the computations of gas-solid mixture two-phase flow,Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 6, 1, 2014, Pages 49-74
- R. Touma and G. Jannoun, Non-oscillatory central schemes on unstructured grids for two-dimensional hyperbolic conservation laws App Num Math, 62, 8, 2012, Pages 941-955.
- R. Touma and S.Khankan, Well-balanced unstaggered central schemes for one and two-dimensional shallow water equation systems, App. Math. Comp., 218, Issue 10, 15 January 2012, Pages 5948-5960
- R. Touma, Unstaggered central schemes with constrained transport treatment for ideal and shallow water magnetohydrodynamics. App. Num. Math., V. 60, Issue 7, 2010, Pages 752-766.
- R. Touma and P. Arminjon, Central finite volume methods for ideal and shallow water magnetohydrodynamics, Int. J. Num. Meth. fluid dynamics, Volume 67, Issue 2, 20 September 2011, 155-174.
- R. Touma, Central unstaggered finite volume schemes for hyperbolic systems: Applications to unsteady shallow water equations. App. Math. Comp., V. 213, Issue 1, 2009, Pages 47-59.
- R. Touma, P. Arminjon, Central finite volume schemes with constrained transport divergence treatment for three-dimensional ideal MHD. J. Comp. Phys., V. 212, Issue 2, 2006, Pages 617-636.
- P. Arminjon, R. Touma, Central finite volume methods with constrained transport divergence treatment for ideal MHD. J Comp. Phys., V. 204, Issue 2, 2005, Pages 737-759.
- Ph.D. in applied mathematics (numerical analysis), 2005, University of Montreal, Canada.
- M.S. in applied mathematics (numerical analysis), 2002, University of Montreal, Canada.
- B.S. in pure mathematics, 1997, Lebanese University, Lebanon.