Ramzi A. Haraty is an associate professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics at the Lebanese American University in Beirut, Lebanon. He is also the internship coordinator for the Middle East Program Initiative’s ‘Tomorrow’s Leader’ program.
He received his B.S. and M.S. degrees in Computer Science from Minnesota State University - Mankato, Minnesota, and his Ph.D. in Computer Science from North Dakota State University - Fargo, North Dakota. His research interests include database management systems, Arabic text processing, and information security. He has well over 120 books, book chapters, journal and conference paper publications. He supervised over 110 dissertations, theses, and projects. He is a member of the Association of Computing Machinery, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, and the International Society for Computers and Their Applications.
He is currently the Faculty Senate chair, where he intends to work with the administration and colleagues to see that they are good stewards of the University and they honor the commitment to keep it soaring.
- Bechara Al Bouna, Eliana Raad, Richard Chbeir, Charbel Elia and Ramzi A. Haraty. Anonymizing Multimedia Documents. DOI: DOI 10.1007/s11280-015-0327-3. World Wide Web Journal, pp. 1-21. 2015. Impact Factor: 1.623.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Mohammad Dimishkieh and Mehedi Masud. An Enhanced k-means Clustering Algorithm for Pattern Discovery in Healthcare Data. International Journal of Distributed Senor Journal. 2015. Impact Factor: 0.923.
- Hussein Jebbaoui, Azzam Mourad, Hadi Otrok, and Ramzi A. Haraty.Semantic-based Approach for Detecting Flaws, Conflicts and Redundancies in XACML Policies. Computers and Electrical Engineering Journal. 2014. Impact Factor: 0.992.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Bassam Zantout. A Collaborative-based approach to Avoiding Traffic Analysis and Assuring Data Integrity in Anonymous Systems. Computers in Human Behavior Journal. 2014. Impact Factor: 2.273.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Bassam Zantout. The TOR Data Communication System. Journal of Communications and Networks. ISSN 1229-2370. Volume 16, pp. 415-420, August 2014. Impact Factor: 0.747.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Mirna Naous, and Azzam Mourad. Assuring Consistency in Mixed Models. Journal of Computational Science. ISSN: 1877 - 7503. 10.1016/j.jocs.2014.02.009. 5 (2014), pp. 653-663. Impact Factor: 1.567.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Abdul Nasser Kassar and Suzan Fanous.Hardening the El Gamal Public Key Cryptosystem in the Setting of Second Group of Units. International Arab Journal of Information Technology. ISSN: 1683-3198. Volume 11, Number 5, 2014. Impact Factor: 0.366.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Joe Zeitouny. Rule-based Data Mining Cache Replacement Strategy. International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining. DOI: 10.4018/IJDWM, ISSN: 1548-3924, EISSN: 1548-3932. Volume 9(1), pp. 56-69, 2013. Impact Factor: 0.786.
*For a full list of publications, click here.
- Ph.D. in computer science, North Dakota State University - Fargo, USA.
- M.S. in computer science, Minnesota State University - Mankato, USA.
- B.S. in computer science, Minnesota State University - Mankato, USA.
Associate Professor of Computer Science