Ramzi A. Haraty is an associate professor of computer science in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics at the Lebanese American University. He is the chairperson of the Arab Computer Society, and a program evaluator (PEV) for CSAB/ABET. He received his BS and MS degrees in Computer Science from Minnesota State University, Mankato, Minnesota, and his PhD in Computer Science from North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota.
Dr. Haraty’s research interests include database management systems, artificial intelligence, and multilevel secure systems engineering. He has well over 110 books, book chapters, journal and conference paper publications. He supervised over 110 dissertations, theses and capstone projects. He is a member of the Association of Computing Machinery, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, and the International Society for Computers and Their Applications.
- Omar El Zarif and Ramzi A. Haraty. Towards Information Preservation in Healthcare Systems. Innovation in Health Informatics: a Smart Healthcare Primer. Elsevier. 2019.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Georges Bitar. Associating learning technology to sustain the environment through green mobile applications. Heliyon., Volume 5, Issue 1, (2019) e01141. Elsevier. doi: 10.1016/j.heliyon. 2019. 01141.
- Ramzi A. Haraty and Rouba Nasrallah. Indexing Arabic Texts using Association Rule Data Mining. Library Hi Tech. https://doi.org/10.1108/LHT-07-2017-0147. Emerald. 2018.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Sanaa Kaddoura and Ahmed Zekri. Recovery of Business Intelligence Systems: Towards Guaranteed Continuity of Patient Centric Healthcare Systems through a Matrix-Based Recovery Approach. Journal of Telematics and Informatics.Volume 35, Issue 4, pages 801-814, Elsevier. July 2018.
- Ramzi A. Haraty, Nashat Mansour and Hratch Zeitunlian. Metaheuristic Algorithm for State-Based Software Testing. Applied Artificial Intelligence, Volume 32, Issue 2, pp. 197-213. DOI: 10.1080/08839514.2018.1451222. April 2018.
- Maram Assi and Ramzi A. Haraty. A Survey of the Knapsack Problem. Proceedings of the IEEE International Arab Conference on Information Technology (ACIT 2018), Beirut, Lebanon, 28-30 November 2018.
- Imane Haidar, Ali Haidar and Ramzi A. Haraty. Axes-based Encryption Key. Proceedings of the 15th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA 2018). Al Aqaba, Jordan, October 28-November 1, 2018.
- Jimmy Tekli, Bechara Al Bouna, Youssef Bou Issa, Marc Kamradt and Ramzi Haraty. (k,l)-clustering for Transactional Data Streams Anonymization. Proceedings of the ACM 14th International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience. Tokyo, Japan. September 25-27, 2018.
- Imane Haidar, Ali Haidar and Ramzi A. Haraty. Scrambled Prime Key Encryption. Proceedings of the ACM 10th International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (MEDES 2018). Tokyo, Japan, September 25-28, 2018.
- Maram Assi, Bahia Halawi and Ramzi A. Haraty. Genetic Algorithm Analysis using the Graph Coloring Method for Solving the University Timetable Problem. Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems. Procedia Computer Science 126C (2018) pp. 899-906, ISSN 1877-0509, DOI information: 10.1016/j.procs.2018.08.024, Belgrade, Serbia. September 3-5, 2018.
*For a full list of publications, click here.
- PhD in computer science, North Dakota State University - Fargo, US.
- MS in computer science, Minnesota State University - Mankato, US.
- BS in computer science, Minnesota State University - Mankato, US.
Associate Professor of Computer Science