Nashat Mansour is the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and a professor of computer science. His research interests include software engineering, applications of meta-heuristics and data mining, and biomedical informatics. He is also the President of the Arab Computer Society.
- MMLD based Genetic algorithm for tag SNP selection. Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, Vol. 6, 1-9, 2014, Springer (with A. Mouawad).
- Ab initio Protein Structure Prediction: Methods and Challenges. Book Chapter in Biological Knowledge Discovery Handbook: Preprocessing, Mining and Postprocessing of Biological Data, M. Elloumi and A. Y. Zomaya (Eds.), IEEE-Wiley, New Jersey, 2014 (with J. Abbass and J.-C. Nebel).
- Particle swarm optimization approach for protein structure prediction in the 3D HP model. Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, 4, 1-11, 2012, Springer (with F. Kanj, H. Khachfe).
- UML based regression testing for OO software. Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2011, 51-68. (with H. Takkoush, A. Nehme).
- Scatter search technique for exam timetabling. Applied Intelligence, Vol. 34, No. 2, 2011, 299-310 (with V. Isahakian, I. Ghalayini).
- Scatter search algorithm for protein structure prediction. International Journal of Bioinformatics Research and Applications, 5(5), 2009, 501-515. (with C. Kehyayan, H. Khachfe)
- Data generation for path testing. Software Quality Journal, Vol. 12, 2004, 121-136. (with M. Salame)
- Simulated annealing and genetic algorithms for optimal regression testing. Journal of Software Maintenance, 11(1), 1999, 19-34. (with K. Fakih)
- Parallel physical optimization algorithms for allocating data to multicomputer nodes. The Journal of Supercomputing, Vol. 8, 1994, 53-80. (with G. Fox)
- Ph.D. in computer science, 1992, Syracuse University, USA.
- M.S. in computer engineering, 1990, Syracuse University, USA.
- M.Eng.Sc. in electrical engineering, 1983, Univeristy of New South Wales, Australia.
- B.E. in electrical engineering, 1980, University of New South Wales, Australia.
Professor of Computer Science
Dean, School of Arts And Sciences
Office: NICOL 307 C