Jean Takchi is an associate professor of Mathematics. He joined the Lebanese American University in 1992. His research interest was Algebraic Complexity, and he is now working in a different area, namely non-smooth analysis and its application to control theory. He teaches Calculus courses, Differential Equations, Numerical Methods. He was a professor at the Lebanese University from 1985 until 1992.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern and J. Takche, Validity of the Union of Uniform Closed Balls Conjecture, Journal of Convex Analysis, 18, No. 2, (2011), 589-600.
- C. Nour, R.J. Stern and J. Takche, Generalized exterior sphere conditions and φ-convexity, Discrete and continuous Dynamical Systems-Serie A, 29, No. 2, (2011), pp.615-622.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern and J. Takche, The θ-exterior sphere condition, φ-convexity and local semiconcavity, Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications, 73 (2010), 573-589.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern and J. Takche, The union of uniform closed ball conjecture, Control and Cybernetics, 38 (2009) No. 4B, 1525-1534.
- J. Ja’Ja’, J. Takchi, On the validity of the Direct Sum Conjecture, SIAM Journal on Computing. 15(4), pp. 1004-1020, 1986.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics from the Pennsylvania State University in 1984.
- CAPES in Mathematics from the Lebanese University in 1979.
- B.S. in Mathematics from the Lebanese University in 1978.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Office: Block A, Room 808b