Chadi Nour is an associate professor of Mathematics. He joined LAU as an assistant professor in 2005. Prior to that, he was at Concordia University in Canada as an invited research professor, and at Université de Montreal in Canada as a CRM postdoctoral fellow. His principal research interests lie in the area of non-smooth analysis and its application in control theory.
- C. Nour and J. Takche, On the psi-union of closed balls property, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 155 (2012), No. 2, 376-389.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern and J. Takche, Validity of the Union of Uniform Closed Balls Conjecture, Journal of Convex Analysis, 18, No. 2, (2011), 589-600.
- C. Nour, R. J. Stern and J. Takche, Proximal smoothness and the exterior sphere condition, Journal of Convex Analysis, 16 (2009), No. 2, 501-514.
- C. Nour, Existence of solutions to a global eikonal equation, Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, Volume 67, Issue 2 (2007), 349-367.
- C. Nour and R. J. Stern, Regularity of the state constrained minimal time function, Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, Volume 66, Issue 1 (2007), 62-72.
- C. Nour and F. H. Clarke, Nonconvex duality in optimal control, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, 43 (2005), No. 6, 2036-2048.
- Ph.D. in Pure Mathematics, 2003, University Claude Bernard Lyon1, France
- Master in Pure Mathematics, University Claude Bernard Lyon1, France
- B.S. in Pure Mathematics, Lebanese University, Lebanon
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Office: Block A, Room 809b