Mission and objectives
The School of Arts and Sciences offers a rigorous and innovative education that embraces liberal arts and sciences through critical inquiry, creativity, and research. The School is committed to student centeredness, academic excellence, and the dissemination of knowledge. It aims to develop informed and civically engaged global citizens, and strives to graduate life-long learners, ethical scholars, scientists, professionals, and artists to lead in a rapidly evolving world.
The objectives of the School of Arts and Sciences are to:
- Integrate and synthesize knowledge across disciplines;
- Encourage and foster research, discovery and independent inquiry;
- Prepare competent, inquisitive, life-long learners, and critical thinkers;
- Inculcate an understanding of scientific and quantitative, as well as qualitative, principles;
- Foster respect for diverse viewpoints;
- Celebrate diversity;
- Respond to local and global needs by modifying existing programs and developing new ones that are in line with the needs and requirements of the communities that it serves;
- Instill high standards of integrity and ethics.