Mission and objectives
In keeping with the Mission of the University, the School of Arts and Sciences offers a rigorous and high quality education that emphasizes student research and inquiry while upholding the tradition of liberal arts education. The School strives to promote excellence in teaching and to nurture creative, scholarly endeavors. The School aims at developing informed citizens who will leave a mark as scholars and leaders in a complex word.
The objectives of the School of Arts and Sciences are to:
- Integrate and synthesize knowledge across disciplines;
- Encourage and foster research, discovery and independent inquiry;
- Prepare competent, inquisitive, life-long learners, and critical thinkers;
- Inculcate an understanding of scientific and quantitative, as well as qualitative, principles;
- Foster respect for diverse viewpoints;
- Celebrate diversity;
- Respond to local and global needs by modifying existing programs and developing new ones that are in line with the needs and requirements of the communities that it serves;
- Instill high standards of integrity and ethics.